Bayern and Sevilla played the 45th edition of the UEFA Super Cup at the Puskas Arena in Budapest. And Bayern won 2-1, as can be viewed here.
Before adding the UEFA Super Cup to their Champions League trophy, Bayern Munich was brought to extra time by a durable and resilient Sevilla:
- In the 12th minute, Alaba knocked down Ivan Rakitic in the penalty area with his hands. Following this, the Argentine Lucas Ocampos scored from the penalty spot to give the lead to Seville.
- Bayern improved in the 34th minute, with Mueller and Lewandowski having great opportunities to equalize.
- Pavard left the ball with his back to the goal, leaving the ball for Leon Goretzka, who hit the net from ten meters.
- In the 48th minute, De Jong missed another opportunity.
- Three minutes later, Lewandowski’s goal was also canceled due to the backcourt.
- In the second half, another Bayern goal was annulled due to a Lewandowski foul.
- Moroccan Nesyri headed towards Neuer himself, who stopped his shot and the duel went into overtime.
- In the 104th minute, the Bavarians came to a victory with a goal by Javi Martinez. After a shot by Alaba defended by goalkeeper Bouno, Martinez scored with his head for 2-1.
UEFA allowed the presence of spectators for the first time since the start of the pandemic, so the allowed third of the stadium’s capacity was met. Thus, 20,000 fans watched the match in Budapest.