Leicester City won a landslide 3-0 Premier League victory over West Bromwich Albion at the King Power Stadium. Watch the much-awaited Leicester City vs West Brom extended highlights here!
The following summary explains the Leicester City vs West Brom extended highlights for those viewers who prefer reading over visuals:
- The match began, as always since the Premier League restart in June 2020, with players silently taking a knee. They do so in honor of George Floyd’s wrongful death and in continuing protest against racism.
- Kelechi Iheanacho ran and struggled in the first attempt of the match. In just the second minute, West Brom were in danger but somehow goalkeeper Sam Johnstone did just enough to save the ball. James Maddison subsequently kicked the ball, it flew off pitch, and the chance receded.
- In the 23rd minute, Timothy Castagne passed to Jamie Vardy who cleanly scored a goal. Leicester won a 1-0 lead. Two minutes later, Vardy tried to score after a corner kick for Leicester, but in vain.
- In the subsequent corner kick in the 26th minute, Jonny Evans extended the hosts’ lead to 2-0. From the corner, the ball wound its way to Evans whose header flew into the net.
- Castagne himself came frustratingly close to scoring. In the 29th minute, he struck but the ball, evading Johnstone, hit the side bar of the goalpost.
- Maddison’s attempt to score was blocked easily by Johnstone though, in the 33rd minute.
- West Brom had a shot at scoring with a corner kick in the 35th minute, but they missed the mark.
- Leicester’s third goal came through Iheanacho. Vardy ran up to the penalty spot and further and passed to Iheanacho, who did the rest.
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles tried to score for West Brom in the 40th minute but too many Leicester men blocked the way.
- A minute later, Iheanacho had the perfect opportunity to score again but the ball flew too high off the mark.
- In added time after half-time, a brilliant display of passing led to Maitland-Niles’ strike, and Kasper Schmeichel’s first real challenge. But the Leicester goalkeeper saved the ball.
- In the second half, several Leicester attempts proved to be half-hearted and were all in vain. Vardy had an empty pitch and no resistance when he stole the ball at 72 minutes, but he struck a misfire.
- At the 81st minute, Johnstone beautifully saved a strike by Iheanacho.
- Another attempt by West Brom in the 84th minute came to nothing.
- Leicester kept creating chances to the very end, but the match ended 3-0.