Tottenham beat Chelsea 5-4 on penalties in a crazy game of the round of 16 of the English League Cup.
They won in a penalty shootout played after 90 minutes of staying at 1:1.
And here are the highlights of the match:
- For Chelsea, Timo Werner scored in the 19th minute.
- However, Eric Lamela equalized in the 84th minute for 1-1. This is how the game went into a penalty shootout.
- The Spurs were then invincible from the white spot. They were sent to the quarterfinals by Mason Mount who hit the post in the final set.
Some other notable highlights of the game were:
- The Spurs coach Jose Mourinho had a loud quarrel in the 27th minute of the match with Frank Lampard. Mourinho was bothered by the behavior of his former player and current Chelsea coach, so he told him to sit down and shut up.
- Then, in the 77th minute, in the midst of Chelsea’s attack, Eric Dier ran into the locker room, probably because he had to go to the toilet. But an angry Mourinho followed him into the tunnel and sent him back to the field.