These were the match highlights at the Puskas Arena:
- The Hungarians went 2-0 up in the 57th minute.
- The team was non-existent in the offensive till the break.
- Poland didn’t have a shot until the break, they were non-existent in the offensive. Robert Lewandowski waited in vain for 20 minutes for a pass. The captain then took to playing around the middle of the pitch again.
- The side’s midfielders also did not contribute much for a long time. Reca only woke up a little after the break. Sebastian Szymański could not win a duel and was substituted.
- It looked as if coach Paulo Sousa had found a solution to his starting eleven in his substitutes. This change in the tactical plan for the meeting in Budapest led to the result from the 57th minute.
- This is because three Polish substitutes came onto the pitch. And within two minutes it was 2-2. First, Krzysztof Piątek scored. He was followed by Kamil Jóźwiak.
- Roland Sallai received a pass behind defenders. He did not allow Jan Bednarek to catch up, and took advantage of Szczęsny’s bad positioning. He kicked the ball into the net.
- The captain, the goalkeeper, and Polish players were unable to respond. This was despite their vowing to take more responsibility.
- Fortunately, after the break, though, the offensive players were able to hit the net.
- There was no acceleration, no element of surprise. Mostly though, they had no idea how to break through the well-organised Hungarian defence.
- Though Milik failed to score, Lewandowski saved a point with a beautiful shot from several meters.
So, as can be seen in the video, Hungary and Poland drew 3-3 after a tough match.