Western Sydney Wanderers and Brisbane Roar clashed in A-League today, on April 16th. The two teams played the fixture at Bankwest Stadium, Sydney. And as Brisbane Roar won 1-2, here are some SYW vs BRB extended highlights.
Watch the SYW vs BRB extended highlights on My Football’s YouTube. And we’ve written up a detailed explanation of the key moments below:
- Josh Brindell-South scored his first A-League goal, and Brisbane’s first goal, in the 18th minute. He slotted the ball into the net after Dylan Wenzel-Halls’ attempt failed.
- Wenzel-Halls tried to score again, but his header was inaccurate. At the 30th minute, he attempted again, but missed the mark again.
- Only five minutes after Brisbane’s lead, Western Sydney Wanderers equalized. After a failed header by Brisbane players, Western Sydney players took control. They ran up to the Brisbane goalpost and Bruce Kamau scored after a beautiful pass.
- Daniel Margush was a lucky goalkeeper in this match. A Brisbane long shot he could not stop hit the bar and rebounded where even Riku Danzaki couldn’t create a chance out of it.
- But just after 2 minutes of extra time at half-time, Danzaki scored the decisive goal. Joe Champness passed to him and he didn’t miss at the back post.
- In the second half, goalkeeper Jamie Young beautifully blocked two close Western Sydney attempts.
- Seven minutes before the end, Margush also dived spectacularly to block a Brisbane attempt by Alex Parsons. Western Sydney players then also blocked a Danzaki attempt, and players’ later fumbling with the ball.
- A last-minute attempt by Kamau came to nothing when Young blocked the ball again.
Here are some of the other A-League fixtures.
Also, here’s Riku Danzaki dazzling up the Australian football scene: