Arsenal obliterated Sheffield United 0-3 in an away match in Premier League. And a brace by Alexandre Lacazette contributes to the Sheffield United vs Arsenal extended highlights.
Here is a video covering the Sheffield United vs Arsenal extended highlights.
A play-by-play of the highlights video follows:
- Everyone, including the players and the sidelines’ staff, took a knee before kicking off the match. This was in support of the Black Lives Matter Movement. It’s a gesture to bring attention to the police brutality against the (mainly) African-American community.
- Bukayo Saka made an attempt to score right out, but the ball flew over the goalpost.
- On the other hand, Sheffield United also got a chance to score in the 9th minute. David McGoldrick’s strike went just wide the post.
- Then, it was Gabriel Martinelli’s turn to be disappointed, in the 24th minute. After skillful passing among the Arsenal vanguard, Martinelli delivered a strike which just missed the mark. At the half an hour mark, again, goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale intercepted Martinelli’s shot mid-air.
- Arsenal dominated possession of the ball, and the Sheffield goalpost saw several attempts to score from the Gunners. Finally, in the 32nd minute, Lacazette gave them the initial lead. A brilliant back pass from Dani Ceballos, and Lacazette slotted the ball home for 0-1.
- Martinelli, in the 41st minute, aimed for the goal again but he was blocked by Sheffield players.
- At the 44th minute, John Egan reined the ball in with a header and kicked it mid-air to the post. But Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno blocked this brilliant attempt. McGoldrick’s attempt within a minute of this flew over the goalpost.
- A minute later, Leno blocked yet another team effort by Sheffield to equalize.
- In the 55th minute, Lacazette attempted to score but the ball flew to the right of the net.
- Then, in the 70th minute, after the ball shifted possession quite a bit, Arsenal managed to score. Ramsdale dived to block Pepe’s shot, but Martinelli slotted the rebounding ball right back into the net.
- The Sheffield strikers were full of energy, but they could not score any goal despite it.
- Finally, Lacazette struck again and his second goal sealed Arsenal’s victory. Coming in the 84th minute, the goal saw almost no opposition as Lacazette cleanly put it in the goalpost.