Chelsea beat Porto 2-0 away in the first leg Champions League quarter-final. Watch this video to catch up on the Chelsea vs Porto highlights.
Explained below are the Chelsea vs Porto highlights as shown in the video:
- Chelsea were the first to feel the danger, because the Portuguese champions made the first real attempt. Mateus Uribe kicked the ball from mid-air, but it just missed the crossbar- what a pity!
- In the 23rd minute, another Porto attempt was blocked beautifully by Edouard Mendy.
- In the 31st minute, Mason Mount made a lovely turn and duped Zaidu Sanusi. He ran into the penalty area and sent the ball precisely past Agustin Marchesin.
- Ten minutes later, Jesus Manuel Corona delivered a spectacular kick but it was blocked more spectacularly by Chelsea’s Cesar Azpilicueta. In the corner kick that followed, Pepe tried to score for Porto but Mendy saved the ball.
- Mendy comfortably blocked another header, at the half-time mark, by Porto.
- Just five minutes into the second half, Chelsea had their shot at header. But Timo Werner headed the ball over the bar.
- Quickly after, Moussa Marega rushed to equalized, and he would’ve too, if not for Mendy. The latter ran out to where Marega was and he deflected his strike.
- In the 56th minute, Luis Diaz struck again for Porto, but he too, missed the mark. So, while Porto dominated possession, they failed to aim well.
- Marchesin failed to tame the ball after Rudiger’s strike, because of which Kai Havertz got to shoot a goal. But his ball went wide.
- Porto defender Wilson Manafá fouled Ben Chilwell and he received a yellow card for it.
- After several attempts and substitutions on either side, Chelsea scored their second goal. Chilwell sealed the win just minutes before the end.