Manchester United will look to get off to a winning start for the 2021-22 season in UEFA’s Champions League (UCL). And first in the group stage, in Group F (the football news), they will face Young Boys in Switzerland. For this match tomorrow, on Tuesday night, here is our UCL football prediction – Young Boys vs Manchester United.
The Red Devils are coming off a 4-1 win over Newcastle United in the Premier League on Saturday (football prediction).
On the other hand, Young Boys are just over celebrating a 4-0 win over Zurich in the Swiss Super League.
Further, for their record in this season’s Champions League, they won a football match over Ferencvaros. This score in the first leg helped them qualify despite the second leg’s football results seeing them lose to Ferencvaros.
- In particular bad luck, Young Boys will be missing no fewer than five players for the visit of Manchester United.
- Fabian Lustenberger, Jean-Pierre Nsame, Esteban Petignat, Joel Monteiro, and Nico Mainer are all, most likely, going to remain absent.
Young Boys possible starting lineup: Von Ballmoos; Hefti, Camara, Zesiger, Garcia; Fassnacht, Sierro, Aebischer, Ngamaleu; Elia, Siebatcheu
- Scott McTominay and Edinson Cavani are both doubts here, though the former could likely play against West Ham on Sunday.
- Marcus Rashford, Alex Telles, Dean Henderson, and Phil Jones are all out of this upcoming Champions League match on Tuesday.
- Jesse Lingard scored from the bench against Newcastle but he is unlikely to start here.
- Fred did not play in Saturday’s 4-1 victory, but he is expected to return to play here, in the Champions League.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, Pogba; Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho; Ronaldo
UCL Football Prediction – Young Boys vs Manchester United
- Young Boys have made a strong start to the Swiss Super League season, collecting eight points from five games. Plus, a 4-0 win over league leaders FC Zuerich on Saturday is sure to boost morale ahead of United’s visit.
- Meanwhile, though, Manchester United also scored four goals over the weekend, cruising to a 4-0 victory over Newcastle.
- Furthermore, in the group stages of the 2018/19 Champions League campaign, Manchester United, the Premier League side faced Young Boys. And the former won both games while also conceding zero goals.
- Given this disparity in talent between the two teams, United should come away with all three points on Tuesday night.
Young Boys have the tools to hurt Manchester United, who gave Newcastle too much space on the counter-attack on Saturday.
And so, we do expect the home side to score on Tuesday.
Eventually, however, we believe the Red Devils will be too strong on the other end. So, a 3-1 away win is possible.