Manchester United will look to build on their strong start to the 2021-22 Premier League season against West Ham United. Here’s a Premier League football prediction, West Ham vs Manchester United, for when United travel to West Ham on Sunday.
West Ham United
- West Ham played a stronger team than most expected against Dinamo Zagreb in Group H Europa League on Thursday night.
- Kurt Zouma was particularly impressive on his West Ham debut against Dinamo Zagreb. And so, he is vying for a starting spot against Manchester United on Sunday.
- Craig Dawson and Angelo Ogbonna did not play in midweek. And while it would be unfair to leave one of them out here, Moyes could also play a back three.
- On Sunday, West Ham suffered a major setback when Michail Antonio suffered a suspension. As a result, for this match that Antonio will miss, Jarrod Bowen may play centrally.
West Ham United possible starting lineup: Fabianski; Fredericks, Zouma, Ogbonna, Johnson; Kral, Noble; Yarmolenko, Vlasic, Bowen; Bowen
- Jadon Sancho appears to be in disarray at the moment. So it will be an interesting choice if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sticks with him against West Ham.
- Similarly, Jesse Lingard will be desperate to face his former club. But his confidence will be shot following his costly error in midweek cost Manchester United their Champions League opener.
- On Tuesday, Aaron Wan-Bissaka had to quit the pitch in the Champions League. And Diogo Dalot is now putting pressure on him to take his place.
- On Thursday, Scott McTominay returned to training with Alex Telles, and the former may enter the starting XI on Sunday.
- Fred and Nemanja Matic are also options that Ole can use.
Man United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Varane, Shaw; Pogba, Matic; Sancho, Fernandes, Greenwood; Ronaldo
Premier League Football Prediction – West Ham vs Manchester United
- West Ham won 2-0 win in a Europa League opening football match against Dinamo Zagreb (football prediction), which helps here.
- However, David Moyes’ side was stronger, then, than experts expected. So, the big question now is how his players will cope with a Thursday-Sunday schedule that they aren’t used to.
- Manchester United suffered a shameful 2-1 away loss (football results) to Young Boys in Tuesday’s Champions League fixture. Because they thoroughly disappointed expectations (the football news), Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under fire for his tactics.
- Meanwhile,West Ham have only played well in patches this season. So, there is reason to believe they can win even without star striker Michail Antonio.
West Ham have made significant progress under David Moyes by qualifying for the Europa League. But this very qualification comes at a cost of less rest and more travel.
And because the Hammers just visited Zagreb on Thursday night, their performance is likely to suffer here. United, still stinging from their defeat in Switzerland, will have a point to prove, and they will make it.