Following the international break, Liverpool will travel to Watford to try to get back on track in the Premier League. For this fixture on Saturday lunchtime, we offer our humble Premier League football prediction – Watford vs Liverpool.
Before the international break, Jurgen Klopp’s side drew 2-2 with Manchester City, and here’s our accurate football prediction about it. The football match saw goals from Phil Foden and Kevin De Bruyne canceling out Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah’s efforts.
After seven games, therefore, the Reds are in second place in the league table. But the demanding fixture schedule is sure to add to Klopp’s frustrations this weekend.
- Before the break, Watford fired Xisco Munoz and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri, a former Chelsea and Leicester manager. As a result, it’s unclear how Watford will line up in this match.
- Anyway, Christian Kabasele and Francisco Sierralta, both centre-backs, are out for the next few weeks. During the break, Nicolas Nkoulou signed on as a free agent and he could be in demand right immediately.
- Daniel Bachmann saw action during the international break and will compete with Ben Foster for a starting spot in goal.
- With King a significant doubt, Joao Pedro gained minutes as a substitute before the break. And he might get to make his first start of the season today.
Watford possible starting lineup: Foster; Rose, Nkolou, Troost-Ekon, Femenia; Sissoko, Kucka, Dennis, Cleverly, Sarr; Pedro
- After their late return from international service, Liverpool will mostly be missing Brazilian combo Alisson and Fabinho (the football news). Although, Roberto Firmino is available after Klopp not calling him up previously.
- However, Firmino now appears set to make his second league start of the season.
- Diogo Jota is unlikely to be fit in time owing to a niggling muscle issue.
- Caoimhin Kelleher may likely take over in goal from Alisson, while Jordan Henderson may have to fill in for Fabinho. With Trent Alexander-Arnold returning from a groin injury, James Milner might resume playing at midfield again.
- With a Champions League match against Atletico Madrid three days later, Klopp won’t risk Thiago mostly.
- Curtis Jones may start against Watford on Saturday after recovering from a knock for the England U21s in midweek.
- Virgil van Dijk started both of the Netherlands’ games over the international break. And it wouldn’t be surprising if he was rested today in preparation for the Champions League next week. For the away team, Ibrahima Konate and Joe Gomez are on standby.
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Kelleher; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Matip, Robertson; Milner, Henderson, Jones; Salah, Firmino, Mane
- Liverpool hasn’t lost in their last 17 games (Premier League).
- In their last four road encounters, Liverpool has scored at least three goals (Premier League).
- In Liverpool’s last six away games, there have been more than 2.5 goals scored (Premier League).
- Meanwhile, in five of Watford’s last six games, there have been fewer than 2.5 goals scored (Premier League).
Premier League Football Prediction – Watford vs Liverpool
- Watford fired Xisco Munoz before the international break and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri, a former Premier League winner. And now, it seems, the Italian will start with a stern test against Liverpool at home.
- Liverpool is still unbeaten this season, but their defense has been shaky of late. On top of that, they will be without Alisson for this match. Plus, they were crushed 3-0 by Watford last time out, with Ismael Sarr running them weary. Finally, they won the game before that on pure luck.
- Only West Ham (9) has scored more goals in the Premier League than Watford (8).
- Nonetheless, even if Watford benefits from a new manager bounce, we expect Liverpool to win and win well. Mohamed Salah is probably one of the finest players in the world right now.