Tottenham Hotspur will seek to make it three victories in a row in all competitions in the Premier League. When they face Newcastle on Sunday afternoon, you’ll benefit from our one Premier League football prediction – Newcastle United vs Tottenham.
Spurs beat Aston Villa 2-1 before the international break, and here are the football results. This win gave them seventh place in the table with 12 points from their first seven games.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s team will now be looking for only their second away league win this season against the Magpies.
- Due to an injury to Paul Dummett, Joe Willock, Callum Wilson, Jamaal Lascelles, Martin Dubravka, and Freddie Woodman will undergo evaluation in the hopes of making the team.
- Miguel Almiron will play for Paraguay late on Thursday night and will thus miss Tottenham’s visit.
- After Mike Ashley sold the club this international break (the football news), the home crowd should be showing good cheer.
Newcastle United possible starting lineup: Darlow; Ritchie, Clark, Fernandez, Manquillo; Longstaff, Joelinton, Hayden, WIllock, Saint-Maximin; Gayle
- Davinson Sanchez, Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero, and Emerson Royal are all representing their respective countries. So, their international duty comes too close to the game on Sunday and they are all therefore unavailable. Particularly, the latter duo’s absence will be a major blow.
- Tottenham’s Joe Rodon could be filling in at centre-back, while Japhet Tanganga is liekly to start at right-back.
- Steven Bergwijn and Ryan Sessegnon will not go to Newcastle, although Ben Davies may play some minutes despite being ill.
Tottenham possible starting lineup: Lloris; Tanganga, Rodon, DIer, Reguilon; Skipp, Hojbjerg, Moura, Ndombele, Heung-Min; Kane
- In six of Tottenham’s last seven away games, they have scored more than 2.5 goals (Premier League).
- To the contrary, in six of Tottenham’s last seven road games, they have conceded at least two goals (Premier League).
- Newcastle have lost their last seven games (Premier League).
Premier League Football Prediction – Newcastle United vs Tottenham
- Mike Ashley sold Newcastle to Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, who will enjoy their debut game at St. James’ Park. Although Premier League owners and opposition fans have questioned the move, the bulk of home supporters have praised it.
- Tottenham started the month with a 2-1 win over Aston Villa, following a disappointing September. Spurs have won five of their last seven visits to St. James’ Park. So, they will be confident of winning for the second time in a row.
- Newcastle is one of four clubs yet to win a league match this season. Can that dismal streak continue on Sunday, especially with Steve Bruce’s future at the club now uncertain (football transfer news)?