Manchester United will try building on their strong start to the 2021-22 Premier League season when they host Aston Villa. For this fixture at Old Trafford on Saturday, here is our Premier League football prediction – Manchester United vs Aston Villa.
The Red Devils are currently third in the table, holding the same number of points as leaders Chelsea.
Meanwhile, Villa are tenth, with seven points from their first five games of the season.
Watch an expert preview on the Week 6 fixtures of the 2021-22 English Premier League:
- Manchester United’s fringe players lost to West Ham in midweek, after they beat them in EPL last week (football prediction). So, we expect the same starting lineup as last weekend.
- The home side welcomes back Alex Telles, Dean Henderson, and Phil Jones, but none of them will play on Saturday.
- Edinson Cavani will likely miss out for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side once more.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba; Ronaldo
- Axel Tuanzebe is definitely out of the match against his parent club. Dean Smith must decide whether to stick with a back three or go back to a four-man defense.
- With Leon Bailey out until next month and Emiliano Buendia still finding his stride, Smith may play a back three. Kortney Hause would ideally be replacing Tuanzebe in this scenario.
- Morgan Sanson’s injury woes continued in midweek and he may miss playing here. But John McGinn has been cleared to play despite suffering a head injury last weekend.
- With Matt Targett doubtful, former Manchester United winger Ashley Young could stand to face his former club.
Aston Villa possible starting lineup: Martinez; Mings, Hause, Konsa; Cash, Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Young; Ings, Watkins
Premier League Football Prediction – Manchester United vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United have not played particularly well this season. But still, they are at the joint top of the table heading into the weekend’s action.
- Meanwhile, Aston Villa were unfortunate to lose on penalties to Chelsea in the Carabao Cup in midweek. Before this loss, they had thrashed Everton 3-0 in the Premier League the previous weekend.
- United have a fantastic home record against Villa. But given the two teams’ recent performances, Dean Smith’s side has a good chance of a result on Saturday.
Villa’s attacking quality means they hold good chances of scoring at Old Trafford. But we can’t ignore the team’s recent struggles against Man United in the Premier League.
The Red Devils will be determined to avenge Wednesday’s defeat to West Ham in a League Cup football match. And we are backing the home team to take all three points here.