Arsenal will aim to extend their winning streak in all competitions to five matches when they travel to Liverpool today. For this Saturday evening’s battle, here is our expertly sourced Premier League football prediction – Liverpool vs Arsenal.
The resurgent Gunners scraped a 1-0 win over Watford just before the international break. And it was Emile Smith Rowe who scored the only goal of the encounter at home, in Emirates Stadium.
Indeed, with this sudden reversal in performance, against football prediction, Mikel Arteta’s side suddenly find themselves fifth in the table.
If they continue their stellar run of form, they will leapfrog the Reds into fourth with a win at Anfield.
- Curtis Jones is out for a few more weeks with a freak eye injury (the football news).
- And Roberto Firmino is also on the sidelines here.
- After an injury scare for Senegal during the break, Sadio Mane has nonetheless trained with Liverpool this week.
- Andrew Robertson came off injured for Scotland at the start of the week and is a big doubt here.
- At the same time, Kostas Tsimikas is on standby.
- Finally, in concerning developments, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Naby Keita and Joe Gomez are all doubts for Liverpool this weekend.
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Alisson, Tsimikas, Dijk, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Mane, Jota, Salah
- Nuno Tavares should really keep his place in the team after some good performances before the break. But Kieran Tierney is going to reclaim his spot at left-back.
- Thomas Partey didn’t go participate at all in international duty due to injury and he remains a doubt for Saturday.
- Also, Granit Xhaka is still on the sidelines, on the bench.
- Meanwhile, Sead Kolasinac and Folarin Balogun have returned as doubts from international duty but neither would have played here anyway.
Arsenal possible starting lineup: Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Lokonga, Saka, Lacazette, Rowe, Aubameyang
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 8 matches (Premier League).
- In other words, the Reds have scored over 2.5 goals in Liverpool’s last 8 games (Premier League).
- On the other hand, Arsenal have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 9 home matches (Premier League).
- More particularly, Liverpool are without a loss in their last 10 home matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- But Arsenal have won their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- The Gunners have scored under 2.5 goals in Arsenal’s last 3 away games (Premier League).
Premier League Football Prediction – Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Liverpool suffered their first defeat of the season last time out before the international break. They lost 3-2 away to West Ham in a thrilling football match of the English top flight.
- Arsenal now hold the longest unbeaten run in the division in this season so far, as a result. They have enjoyed eight games without defeat in the Premier League.
- Liverpool, meanwhile, remain our favourites but they haven’t been as solid at the back, in defense, this season as normal. They are struggling to get the right balance in midfield without Gini Wijnaldum.
- Liverpool have won their last five home league matches against Arsenal, though.
- And while Mikel Arteta’s side will certainly give them a tough game on current form, they are still likelier winners.