When Manchester United travel to Leicester City, they will be trying to get back on track in the Premier League. For United’s away venture on Saturday afternoon, here is our Premier League football prediction, Leicester City vs Manchester United.
The Red Devils have only picked up one point from their last two league games. They lost to Aston Villa at home (football prediction) before drawing with Everton (the football news) before the international break.
However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team is still high on fourth in the table. They are only two points behind champions Chelsea heading into the next round of Premier League games.
- Wilfred Ndidi, a key midfielder who suffered a thigh injury before the break, will miss the rest of the month. Meanwhile, Hamza Choudhury will be hoping to keep his starting spot.
- Brendan Rodgers may not have Jonny Evans available after he couldn’t play for Northern Ireland during the international break. But at the same time, Jannik Vestergaard is ready to go.
- Wesley Fofana is still out for the Foxes, but James Justin is close to returning. Ricardo Pereira and Timothy Castagne are vying for the right-back spot.
- In recent weeks, James Maddison has fallen out of favor. And he may have to make do with a spot on the bench against Manchester United.
Leicester City possible starting lineup: Scmeichel; Bertrand, Soyuncu, Evans, Pereira; Barnes, Tielemans, Choudhury, Lookman; Vardy, Iheanacho
- Marcus Rashford may make his first matchday squad of the season on Saturday and Amad Diallo’s recuperation isn’t far behind.
- Raphael Varane could miss the rest of October after suffering a groin injury while playing for France earlier this week.
- Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof could start together for the first time since February. That is because Harry Maguire set to miss out once more.
- Due to their late return from international service, finally, Fred and Edinson Cavani are unlikely to be available.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: de Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw; Pogba, McTominay, Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho; Ronaldo
- United have won all 29 of their latest away fixtures (Premier League).
- Across Leicester’s past six games, they have scored over 2.5 goals, in five of them (Premier League).
- In their last three games, meanwhile, Leicester have conceded at least two goals (Premier League).
Premier League Football Prediction – Leicester City vs Manchester United
- With only two wins in their first seven games, Leicester have had an unusually bad start to this new season. More specifically, they are having difficulty creating chances and are giving up a lot of possession to their opponents.
- As for the other side, Manchester United are also going through a difficult period. And this is the start of a challenging run of games for manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who is under criticism. United have won just two of their past six games and have only played well in spurts throughout the season.
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy scored six goals in seven league games this season, and he’lll relish facing Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof. He should be confident in his ability to snap his five-game league goalless streak against the Red Devils.
- Meanwhile, Solskjaer will be missing his dependable midfielder Fred, whom United fans will not miss, to be frank. Anyway, it’s easy to envisage Leicester tearing through United at will on Saturday, particularly on the counter-attack. Their Premier League unbeaten streak of 29 games away from home will be in great jeopardy here.