Chelsea are looking to keep or extend their three-point lead at the top of the Premier League standings today. As they travel to Leicester for Saturday’s early start, here is our Premier League football prediction – Leicester City vs Chelsea.
Last time out in the English top flight, Burnley held the Blues to a 1-1 draw.
Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester City team earned a point against Leeds United.
- Youri Tielemans withdrew from the Belgium squad due to a calf injury, as we covered the football news. However, this withdrawal is a major problem for Leicester, too, as he cannot play in the Premier League either.
- Last time out for Leicester, James Maddison was only fit enough to start on the bench. But today, he might start in a 4-2-3-1 system.
Leicester City possible starting lineup: Schmeichel; Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans, Castagne; Ndidi, Soumare; Lookman, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy
- Mason Mount missed England duty due to dental surgery, but he should now be fit enough to play against Leicester.
- Romelu Lukaku’s recuperation has progressed, and he might be playing in the matchday squad against Leicester. But Timo Werner, who also sustained an injury around the same time, appears to be out. We have already made the football prediction on these two, and other, Chelsea players’ fitness.
- Cesar Azpilicueta, who only made the bench against Burnley before the international break, will be hoping for a call-up here.
Chelsea possible starting lineup: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kante, Chilwell; Hudson-Odoi, Mount; Havertz
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
- And the Blues have also won their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
- On the other hand, Leicester City have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 home matches (Premier League).
Premier League Football Prediction – Leicester City vs Chelsea
- Leicester City are without a win in three (D2, L1) and are already seven points adrift of fourth place.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea are three points clear at the top of the Premier League but dropped points to Burnley most recently.
- Plus, Chelsea have only won one of their last four away to Leicester but they are still our favourites here.