On Saturday, third meets fourth in the Premier League when Manchester City travel to Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium on the South Coast. And you must know everything about this fixture, so here is Premier League football prediction – Brighton vs Manchester City.
Last time out, the Seagulls were restricted to a goalless draw by bottom-of-the-table Norwich City.
Meanwhile, the EPL champions cruised to a 2-0 victory against Burnley last time out, like our football prediction accurately said.
- Brighton are without Adam Webster, Danny Welbeck, and Steven Alzate due to injuries.
- Yves Bissouma was surprisingly on the bench last time out despite his off-field misdemeanor, suggesting he could be involved here.
- Tariq Lamptey could make his start against Manchester City on Saturday. On the other hand, Joel Veltman would be unlucky to not start.
Brighton & Hove Albion possible starting lineup: Sanchez; Dunk, Duffy, Burn; Veltman, Gross, Bissouma, Lallana, Cucurella; Maupay, Trossard
- Pep Guardiola’s team will undoubtedly differ from the one that thrashed Club Bruges 5-1 in Tuesday’s football match.
- Ilkay Gundogan and Gabriel Jesus were on the bench in midweek and both will be vying for starting spots here.
- With Ferran Torres out for the foreseeable future, Phil Foden might remain in the centre. However, an out-of-favour Raheem Sterling is also a possibility.
- The away team’s defensive options include John Stones, Nathan Ake, and Oleksandar Zinchenko.
Manchester City possible starting lineup: Ederson; Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo; Silva, Rodri, De Bruyne; Mahrez, Foden, Grealish
- Brighton’s past three games have all ended in a tie (Premier League).
- City, meanwhile, has preserved a clean sheet in six of their last seven games (Premier League).
- In six of Brighton’s previous seven games, they have scored fewer than 2.5 goals (Premier League).
- In their last four road encounters against Brighton in all competitions, though, Man City have scored at least two goals.
- Over 2.5 goals have registered themselves in each of Brighton’s last three home encounters against Man City in all competitions.
- Finally, Man City is unbeaten in their past seven games (Premier League).
Premier League Football Prediction – Brighton vs Manchester City
- Brighton has gone undefeated in their previous six games, keeping clean sheets in four of them. They’ve drawn each of their last three games, and they’re coming into Saturday’s game with a string of 0-0 draws.
- Manchester City dominated Club Bruges in the Champions League in midweek, winning 5-1 away from home.
- Since their opening-day loss to Tottenham, Pep Guardiola’s team has gone undefeated in seven league games, keeping six clean sheets.
- Last season, Brighton won this match, but City are still the clear favorites.