Arsenal will look to make it three wins in a row in the Premier League when they host Tottenham Hotspur. For this fixture at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, here is our expert football prediction – Arsenal vs Tottenham.
Watch an expert preview on the Week 6 fixtures of the 2021-22 English Premier League:
- Granit Xhaka has returned from suspension and will likely partner Thomas Partey in midfield.
- Consequently, Nicolas Pepe may sit on the bench, allowing Emile Smith Rowe to take his place on the front line.
- Kierney is a doubt for the home team, but he may just recover in time for the derby on Sunday.
Arsenal possible starting lineup: Ramsdale; Tomiyasu, Gabriel, White, Tierney; Odegaard, Lokonga, Smith Rowe; Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka
- Head coach Nuno Espirito Santo is in doubt about the fitness of Lucas Moura, Ryan Sessegnon, and Steven Bergwijn.
- Oliver Skipp came off the bench against Chelsea last week. And he may very well make his comeback at the expense of Tanguy Ndombele, here, on the road at Arsenal.
- Santo may revert to a 4-3-3 formation, with Harry Kane leading the charge after a more reserved performance against Chelsea.
Tottenham possible starting lineup: Lloris; Reguilon, Dier, Romero, Emerson; Dele Alli, Ndombele, Hojbjerg; Son, Kane, Lo Celso
Premier League Football Prediction – Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Arsenal made it two league wins in a row with a 1-0 victory over Burnley at Turf Moor. Before this, they won 3-0 over Wimbeldon (football results) as they continue to improve after a slow start to the season.
- Tottenham lost a football match 3-0 in the league for the second time in a row on Sunday. A second-half collapse to Chelsea putting a damper on what had been a promising start to the season (football prediction).
- The Gunners haven’t lost a home league match to Spurs since 2010. And given the two teams’ current form, that streak looks set to continue on Sunday.
The Gunners have won back-to-back games against Norwich City and Burnley. Martin Odegaard scored the game-winning free kick against the latter.
Mikel Arteta also saw his side advance to the fourth round of the EFL Cup. Arsenal won 3-0 over AFC Wimbledon on Wednesday night, with Alexandre Lacazette, Emile Smith Rowe, and Eddie Nketiah scoring.