In Monday’s Primeira Liga fixture, Porto absolutely destroyed Farense with a 5-1 landslide end tally. In the morning after, here are some Porto vs Farense extended highlights.
Porto welcomed Farense to the Estadio do Dragao on Monday in the Portuguese Primeira Liga.
The visitors headed into this tie, after three straight draws, only to see a worse fate befall them.
Meanwhile, the hosts Porto caught up some with league leaders Sporting Lisbon. took another huge blow on Thursday as they played out a 1-1 draw with rivals Benfica.
With the hosts dominating the match via 5 smashing goals, watch the exciting Porto vs Farense extended highlights here!
And a play-by-play explanation of these highlights follows, for those readers who do prefer to read.
The First Half
- Porto enjoyed the advantage of a penalty kick right out the bat. In the 6th minute, Mehdi Taremi turned in a goal from the penalty spot.
- Just two minutes later, Farense goalkeeper Beto saved another close shave. Luis Díaz passed to Toni Martínez, who shot a kick on aim but in vain.
- In the 13th minute, Beto ran out to stop Martínez’s attempt. But unfortunately, the ball slipped through and slowly bounced into the net. So, Porto were up 5-1 within the first quarter of an hour.
- And within 20 minutes, Porto had their third goal. Seizing on Farense’s poor possession at the midfield, Porto players ran the ball up the pitch with ease. There, Taremi’s passed reached Díaz unobstructed and the latter scored from a cross.
- Bilel Aouacheria from Farense received a yellow card for knocking a player over, we however believe it was an accident. Immediately after, though, the referee gave him a red card when he consulted VAR.
- Four minutes into extra time, in the 48th minute, after Porto goalkeeper Agustín Marchesín saved a Farense attempt, the deflected ball landed back with the visitors. This time, they slotted the ball into the net but the goal was not counted by VAR.
The Second Half
- Just before the hour mark, in the 59th minute, Otávio passed to Taremi, who scored for a brace. This brought Porto up 4-0.
- Fábio Vieira attempted to score in the 69th minute but the ball speeded past the goalpost, wide.
- In the 84th minute, João Mário ran up to the goal and slid the ball in for 5-0 for Porto.
- Diogo Leite made a fatal error just a minute from death time. In the 89th minute, Farense sent the ball flying up the pitch and Leite headed it toward goalkeeper Marchesín. The intention was for Marchesín to collect the ball, but Licá cleverly intercepted it, and bounced it past the goalkeeper. Licá thus gave Farense one consolidatory goal at the very end.