Sunday night’s final saw Barcelona win Women’s Champions League over Chelsea.
The Barcelona women’s squad won 0-4 over Chelsea, thereby also keeping clean sheets for the final.
Barça Women made a stunning start in the match as they went up three goals within the first 20 minutes alone.
Extended Highlights Explained
- After Barcelona’s first attempt, 26 seconds in, hit the bar, Chelsea’s attempt to contain the ball ended up fatal. Melanie Leupolz tried to pass the ball back to her goalkeeper, but instead, it landed as an own goal.
- A Chelsea attempt in the 3rd minute flew over the goalpost.
- Two minutes later in this fast-paced match, Aitana Bonmatí from Barcelona struck her aim. But the Chelsea goalkeeper deflected the ball well.
- Next, Pernille Harder of Chelsea received a beautiful pass, but owing to Barca’s amazing defense marking her, she couldn’t score.
- After Barcelona’s Jennifer Hermoso fell, injured, Barcelona converted the ensuing penalty into their second goal. Alexia Putellas scored from the penalty spot.
- Some brilliant passing led to Bonmatí giving Barcelona’s third goal at the 20th minute.
- With another attempt failing at the 30th minute, Barcelona tried, and succeeded, again in the 36th minute. Lieke Martens passed from between a Chelsea defender’s legs to Caroline Graham Hansen, who scored Barca’s fourth and final goal.
- Harder tried to score as the first half waned, but in vain.
- Right at the beginning of the second half, Ji So-yun took a free kick but did not succeed in scoring.
- Several Barcelona attempts followed, but the final whistle rang at 0-4, and Barcelona won a sweeping win nonetheless.