Manchester United face Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side sorely looking for a good result soon. After United’s 1-1 draw with Southampton, here is their next football prediction – Wolves vs Manchester United.
The Red Devils have four points from their first two games, with the football prediction always in their favour. Still, they may be disappointed with the two points they dropped at St Mary’s due to their defensive flaws.
Meanwhile, Wolves have lost either of their first two matches, both 1-0, the first to their European contenders Leicester City. They next lost to Tottenham Hotspur and here are the football results from Premier League that day.
However, we are in no way denying that they are delivering strong performances under their new manager Bruno Lage.
- Daniel Podence made his season debut in Wolves’ League Cup victory in midweek, bolstering Bruno Lage’s offensive options.
- Despite a strong performance against Nottingham Forest, Fabio Silva may return to the bench on Sunday.
- Adama Traore has been heavily linked with a move to Tottenham this week. But Lage will be hoping to have him available for the match against Manchester United.
- Also, Lage hasn’t decided on a first-choice right-back, and Ki-Jana Hoever could start from midweek rather than Nelson Semedo.
Wolves possible starting lineup: Sa; Saiss, Coady, Kilman; Marcal, Moutinho, Neves, Hoever; Traore, Jimenez, Trincao
- Scott McTominay had groin surgery and will be out for several weeks.
- With McTominay out, and Nemanja Matic looking weak in the 1-1 draw with Southampton, Donny van de Beek could start.
- After a poor performance against Southampton last weekend, Anthony Martial will most likely see relegation to the bench. So, Mason Greenwood should return to the center of the field as a result.
- Edinson Cavani could make his season debut after a full week of training.
- Dean Henderson may soon return from COVID, but David de Gea still remains United’s No. 1 for the time being.
- Given the profile of Wolves’ forwards, Jadon Sancho will hope to finally make his full United debut. Meanwhile, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may opt for Raphael Varane in defense over Victor Lindelof.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: de Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, Beek, Sancho, Fernandes, Pogba, Greenwood
Football Prediction – Wolves vs Manchester United
- Wolves defeated Nottingham Forest 4-0 on Tuesday, giving Bruno Lage his first win as manager. But they’ve lost their first two Premier League games to Leicester and Tottenham, each by a score of 1-0.
- Manchester United suffered an early setback in their title challenge when they were held to a 1-1 draw at Southampton. Nonetheless, it successfully extended their unbeaten away run to a Premier League record-equaling 27 games.
- In the past, matches between Wolves and United have been particularly dull, but United still remain favorites to win here.
Manchester United will be eager to avenge their defeat at Southampton last Sunday with a victory over Wolves.
So far in this season, the home team has suffered two narrow defeats, both against strong opponents – Leicester and Tottenham.
Wolves, on the other hand, have had their fair share of chances in the games.
If Wolves are unable to convert their chances, this could lead to a slew of clinical United breakaway opportunities.
They could dominate throughout the 90 minutes, with Jadon Sancho, Mason Greenwood, and Edinson Cavani all likely to start.