Manchester United will want their third Premier League victory of the season when they host Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon. For this match at Old Trafford, here is our football prediction – Manchester United vs Newcastle United.
Cristiano Ronaldo will likely make his second debut here, having returned to Old Trafford via a football transfer from Juventus. He moved in the final stages of the summer transfer window.
United may not have an exact football prediction for this match, but they do have definite COVID regulations for attendees. They plan on starting COVID-19 spot-checks on audiences, who may soon need proof of full vaccination to enter stadiums.
- Cristiano Ronaldo, who returned early from Portugal duty, may make his second, comeback Manchester United debut by starting on Saturday.
- However, another new signing, Jadon Sancho, is a doubt after withdrawing from the England squad with a minor injury. After the football news of his international duty being over, Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial are vying for his place.
- Scott McTominay is also just recently returning to training after an injury. So, Donny van de Beek will be desperate for a rare opportunity to start in midfield alongside Nemanja Matic.
- Finally, Fred is one of eight Brazilian Premier League players facing a ban this weekend.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Van de Beek, Pogba; Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho; Ronaldo
- Newcastle will be hoping that Isaac Hayden has recovered from his international break. In any case, his usual midfield partner, Jonjo Shelvey, is out.
- Newcastle United’s midfield woes are then further exacerbated by the fact that Miguel Almiron has been barred from international duty. He faces a five-day ban under FIFA regulations.
- Sean Longstaff is likely to start in midfield, but Fabian Schar could also play.
- Also, Steve Bruce has confirmed that Callum Wilson will miss the trip to Manchester. Wilson sustained a thigh injury prior to the international break.
- Ryan Fraser, who left the Scotland team hotel on crutches and wearing a protective boot, will also miss this trip.
Newcastle United possible starting lineup: Woodman; Fernandez, Lascelles, Schar; Murphy, Willock, Longstaff, Hayden, Ritchie; Saint-Maximin, Joelinton
Football Prediction – Manchester United vs Newcastle United
- Manchester United started the season with two wins and a draw. However, they have been far from convincing in recent games against Southampton and Wolves. Nonetheless, Cristiano Ronaldo’s return should provide a huge boost for the team. His second debut for the club he left in 2009 will be sure to capture everyone’s attention this weekend.
- On the other hand, Newcastle have failed to win any of their three Premier League games this season thus far. Indeed, they begin the weekend just one place above the bottom three. After another disappointing summer transfer window, further, they may remain low in the table for the rest of the season. As a manager, Steve Bruce has only won one of his previous 26 games against his former club, Manchester United.
All in all, Newcastle will be far from full strength on Saturday. It is difficult to see them coming away with a win at Old Trafford.
Meanwhile, Ronaldo’s return has created quite a stir at Manchester United. Candidly, we expect the Portuguese to lead his team to victory this weekend.