Manchester City are looking to bounce back from their 1-0 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur (the football news) when they host Norwich City at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday afternoon in the Premier League. Here is, thus, a football prediction – Manchester City vs Norwich.
The Citizens tasted defeat at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on the opening weekend of the 2021-22 season.
Meanwhile, Norwich lost 3-0 at Carrow Road to Liverpool on their return to this level. And there was drama in this match which no football prediction could have anticipated.
- Midfielder Ilkay Gundogan will join Phil Foden on the Manchester City bench for Saturday’s game against Norwich.
- Howevr, Kevin De Bruyne is still not fully fit and Bernardo Silva is eager to leave. As a result, Fernandinho and Rodri could form a double pivot against Norwich.
- At left-back, Oleksandr Zinchenko or Joao Cancelo should take over for Benjamin Mendy.
- John Stones and Kyle Walker are also vying for starts.
- As Manchester City waits for Harry Kane, Ferran Torres, Gabriel Jesus, and Raheem Sterling are battling to lead the line.
Manchester City possible starting lineup: Ederson; Walker, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri; Mahrez, Grealish, Sterling; De Bruyne
- Norwich could miss five players for Saturday’s trip to Manchester, though they didn’t expect any of these to start anyway.
- Despite a 3-0 loss to Liverpool last weekend, Daniel Farke will just make few, if any, changes.
Norwich City possible starting lineup: Krul; Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Giannoulis; Lees-Melou, Gilmour, Rupp; Cantwell, Pukki, Rashica
Football Prediction – Manchester City vs Norwich
- Manchester City lost 1-0 to Tottenham on the opening weekend.
- Similarly, Norwich lost 3-0 to Liverpool in their first Premier League game back but they now face defending champions City.
- Norwich lost 5-0 at the Etihad in their most recent away visit, and they also lost 7-0 there in 2013. This is thus the ideal team for Manchester City to kick off their first win of the season.
In truth, after two tough results, this is a nice and easy match for Manchester City.
Norwich deserve much respect and are certainly capable of making life difficult for the English champions.
However, we can’t see any other football result than a routine two-goal victory for the Citizens.