Liverpool will look to get back to winning ways in the Premier League when they face Leeds United. As the Reds visit Elland Road to play Leeds on Sunday afternoon, here is our football prediction – Leeds vs Liverpool.
- Marcelo Bielsa has used a back three in recent draws with Everton and Burnley. But he may revert to his usual 4-1-4-1 formation after dominating possession over Liverpool twice previously in that formation.
- Mateusz Klich and Junior Firpo both tested positive for COVID-19 before the break and will need evaluation before this game.
- In Klich’s absence, Leeds would be lacking in midfield, which is why Pascal Struijk may have to move forward. Meanwhile, Tyler Roberts and Jamie Shackleton are vying for their first starts.
- A new signee Dan James could make his debut right away. This is because the Brazilian FA invoked a FIFA ruling. It prohibits their players, including Raphinha, from representing clubs that refuse to release them for international duty.
Leeds possible starting lineup: Meslier; Dallas, Cooper, Llorente, Ayling; Phillips, Klich, Rodrigo, Harrison, James; Bamford
- Liverpool are upbeat. Despite withdrawing from the England U21 squad in midweek, Harvey Elliott will be available on Sunday. They are less certain about Takumi Minamino’s availability, though he would have started anyway.
- In the absence of Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota appears to be safe to start up front.
- Due to the Brazilian FA’s decision, the latter, along with Alisson and Fabinho, have been barred from playing this weekend. This means Caoimhin Kelleher will deputize in goal.
- The availability of Naby Keta is in doubt, with Liverpool working hard to get the midfielder out of Guinea. There was an attempted coup in the capital (the football news).
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Kelleher; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Elliott, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane.
Football Prediction – Leeds vs Liverpool
- After starting the season with one defeat and two draws, Leeds United are looking for their first Premier League victory.
- Liverpool has two wins and one draw after failing to beat 10-man Chelsea at home before the break (football prediction).
- It would be a major surprise if this game didn’t be entertaining. This is especially true because Leeds held Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Manchester United to draws at home last season.
When Chelsea paid a visit to Anfield before the international break, Jurgen Klopp’s side failed to defeat them. They couldn’t make it three consecutive wins, as Mohamed Salah’s penalty cancelled out Kai Havertz’s opener in a 1-1 draw.
The Reds are one of five teams with seven points at this point in the season. But they have been hit with a wave of FIFA-imposed absences ahead of this weekend’s clash with Leeds.
So, eventually, we predict a high-scoring draw.