Here is our Premier League football prediction for Liverpool vs Chelsea, which will play tomorrow, on Saturday, at 10PM IST.
In gameweek two, Jurgen Klopp’s side defeated Burnley 2-0 just exactly as our football prediction said they would.
Chelsea also defeated Arsenal by the same score, 2-0, and here is the football news, post-match, coming out of it.
- In Andy Robertson’s absence, Kostas Tsimikas excelled, but the Scot (Robertson) will still probably reclaim his starting spot here.
- Fabinho missed last weekend’s win over Burnley due to his father’s untimely death, but he could possibly return here. Thiago is also hoping to feature here so as to make his first appearance of the season.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was also unavailable last weekend due to the birth of his first child. However, he should be available for selection this weekend.
- Diogo Jota has started the season well, but Roberto Firmino’s work rate may recall the Brazilian against Chelsea here.
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane
- Both Hakim Ziyech and N’Golo Kante returned from injuries to play off the bench against Arsenal last weekend. And both may feature here.
- As such, Kante will almost certainly replace Mateo Kovacic in the starting lineup by the latter.
- Due to positive COVID-19 tests, Christian Pulisic and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are not going to play this match.
- Trevoh Chalobah was unlucky to be on the bench against Arsenal, but he may also be unlikely to start here.
- Ben Chilwell may have to remain on the bench for the time being. This is because Marcos Alonso has had a strong start to the season at left wing-back.
Chelsea possible starting lineup: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso; Mount, Havertz; Lukaku
Football Prediction for Liverpool vs Chelsea
- Two games in, Liverpool and Chelsea have both started the season with perfect records. As this is the first game of the season between two serious title contenders, neither side has conceded yet.
- Chelsea have become attacking beasts this season thanks to the signing of Romelu Lukaku. Rather than signing big-name players this summer, Liverpool has decided to invest in the long-term prospects of their best players.
- So, all in all, fans should not miss his individual duel with Virgil van Dijk on Saturday.
- Chelsea won last time out at Anfield. But that is their only win in the last six Premier League meetings between the two teams. It’s difficult to predict the winner from the two of them, and a draw isn’t out of the question.
Something has to give in this crucial matchup between two of the league’s most exciting players. But the caliber of their respective early opponents must be considered.
Tuchel’s tenacious defense will consider themselves fortunate if they do not concede against the Reds.
However, finally, with attacking threats coming from all angles, we believe the Blues’ firepower is ultimately superior this new season.
This will help Chelsea maintain their unbeaten start to the season at the expense of Liverpool.