The 2021-22 Premier League season kicks off on Friday night at the Brentford Community Stadium. As the newly promoted Bees host London rivals Arsenal, here is our educated football prediction – Brentford vs Arsenal.
Thomas Frank’s men are back in the English Premier League for the first time since 1947.
Meanwhile, the Gunners are preparing for a rare season without qualifications into any competitions in European football. In last season’s Europa League, Arsenal lost to Villareal, whom former Gunners coach Unai Emery led (the football news).
- Newly-elevated Brentford are concerned about Ivan Toney’s injury ahead of their first Premier League match. Still, the Bees are confident he will be fit to face Arsenal.
- Josh Dasilva, on the other hand, is out.
- A new signee, Kris Ajer, has already made his debut for Brentford in their final pre-season game against Valencia. This was when Thomas Frank opting for a back three. So, with Ajer now available for defense, Christian Nrgaard could move into midfield.
- Frank Oneya scored against Valencia last time out. And the new Brentford midfielder will be eager to make his proper debut on Friday night.
- David Raya Martin had transfer links with Arsenal at the season’s start, but he will now face the Gunners instead.
Brentford possible starting lineup: Raya; Jansson, Ajer, Pinnock; Roerslev, Janelt, Onyeka, Norgaard, Henry; Mbeumo, Toney
- Signing on a high fee (transfer news football), Ben White will make his debut appearance for Arsenal on Friday night.
- Pablo Mari could partner White against Brentford if Gabriel is unavailable and Rob Holding is absent due to injury.
- Thomas Partey also has an ankle injury and because he will be out for three weeks, he’ll miss this match.
- A new football transfer, Albert Sambi Lokonga, will hope to start, as a result. But Mohamed Elneny is also an option in midfield.
- Bukayo Saka only returned to Arsenal training at the beginning of the week, so he may only be on the bench for their first game.
- Alexandre Lacazette is free to leave Arsenal this summer, but he could start the team’s first game if Saka is not ready.
Arsenal possible starting lineup: Leno; Chambers, White, Mari, Tierney; Xhaka, Lokonga; Pepe, Smith Rowe, Aubameyang; Lacazette
Football Prediction – Brentford vs Arsenal
- After years of disappointment, Brentford won the Championship play-offs last season to gain a promotion to the first English league. They have thus entered the Premier League for the first time.
- Their fans missed the entire season due to the pandemic. But they’ll be back in their new stadium for big-time football now, with Arsenal of the Big Six visiting first.
- Pre-season results aren’t all that important. Still, Arsenal fans will be more optimistic about the new season if they win any of their four friendlies. They first lost 2-1 to Hibernian before drawing 2-2 with Rangers in their pre-season friendly matches. Then, they went on the lose to London rivals Chelsea and Tottenham.
- Arsenal are, of course, the favorites going into Friday’s Premier League opener. But Brentford will be buzzing, especially in front of their own fans, and it wouldn’t be surprising if they won.
Both team may score multiple goals on their first Premier League night. Indeed, Toney will be desperate to show that he can perform at the highest level.
On the other hand, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette will also be desperate to find their shooting boots.
Frank’s men are certainly capable of making their first-ever Premier League encounter one to remember.
However, eventually, we believe the quality of the visitors will shine through during a hard-fought victory.