Ukraine and North Macedonia will play for three critical points in their second Euro 2020 Group C match. For Thursday evening in Bucharest, here are the Euro 2020 predictions – Ukraine vs North Macedonia.
Both teams lost their first games, both on last Sunday.
Andriy Shevchenko’s team lost a thrilling 3-2 match against the Netherlands, ending close to our predicting a Euro 2020 tie.
Meanwhile, not only did the Red Lynxes fall 3-1 to Austria, but our football updates reveal racist undertones as well.
- Oleksandr Zubkov is unlikely to play here after being substituted only 13 minutes into Ukraine’s 3-2 loss against the Netherlands.
- As a result of Zubkov’s projected absence, we could see Oleksandr Zinchenko forced into the front three.
Ukraine possible starting lineup: Bushchan; Karavayev, Zabarnyi, Matviyenko, Mykolenko; Malinovskyi, Sydorchuk, Zinchenko; Yarmolenko, Yaremchuk, Tsygankov
- North Macedonia lost 3-1 to Austria in their first match and so, they will undoubtedly make changes in their roster.
- But it’s worth noting that Sunday’s roster was likely actually their best XI.
North Macedonia possible starting lineup: Dimitrievski; S.Ristevski, Velkovski, Musliu; Nikolov, Bardhi, Ademi, Elmas, Alioski; Pandev, Trajkovski
- Ukraine came back from a 2-0 deficit against the Netherlands to tie the game at 2-2. However, they did eventually concede a 3-2 win to Netherlands with five minutes remaining. After working so hard to get back into the game, defeat must have been a huge disappointment.
- Meanwhile, also on Sunday, North Macedonia suffered a 3-1 defeat to Austria. On paper, that was supposed to be their easiest game. So, the next two matches against Ukraine and the Netherlands look dismal.
Ukraine has only conceded a goal in two of their past 22 international matches in all competitions.
On the other hand, North Macedonia has only conceded a goal in one of their past 16 matches.
Goals are expected in Thursday’s match. It is a must-win game for both teams if they are to advance to the knockout round.
Despite the Red Lynxes’ best efforts, we believe Shevchenko’s team has the extra quality in the final third to secure all three points in Bucharest.
Ukraine 3-1 North Macedonia