Manchester City will try to repeat their five-star performance in the Champions League against Club Brugge yet again (football prediction). For this Group A bout on Wednesday, here is our expert’s Champions League football prediction – Manchester City vs Club Brugge.
Pep Guardiola’s men eased to a 5-1 win (the football news) when the sides met in Belgium on matchday four.
But still, the Citizens are not exactly on cloud nine heading into this clash.
- Pep Guardiola may start Aymeric Laporte here because he will miss the Manchester (United) derby on Saturday due to suspension.
- On the other hand, Ruben Dias should be resting for the night.
- Also, Guardiola may opt for John Stones and Nathan Ake over Laporte.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko will also play defense to allow Kyle Walker and Joao Cancelo to rest for the night.
- Finally, Cole Palmer will be hoping for increased playing time.
- As City have to turnaround Wednesday night’s disappointment via Saturday early kick-off, we expect a lot of changes in general.
Manchester City possible starting lineup: Ederson; Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri, Silva; Mahrez, Foden, Sterling
- Club Bruges have used the same starting XI in all three of their group games, and may do so here.
- But they have an obligation to make one change due to the suspension of midfielder Eder Balanta. He may be out for accumulating too many bookings. Ruud Vormer should fill in for him.
Club Brugge possible starting lineup: Mignolet; Mata, Hendry, Nsoki, Sobol; Rits, Vormer; Lang, Vanaken, De Ketelaere; Dost
- Man City have won nine of their last eleven games (Champions League).
- In 9 of their last 11 games, besides, Man City have scored at least two goals (Champions League).
- Meanwhile, in six of Club Bruges’ last seven games, there have been more than 2.5 goals (Champions League).
Champions League Football Prediction – Manchester City vs Club Brugge
- Manchester City were shocked to lose 2-0 at home to Crystal Palace at the weekend, which hampered their momentum. And that result itself came after a Carabao Cup penalty shootout loss to West Ham. So, this Premier League failing was capping a dismal week for Pep Guardiola’s team.
- On the other hand, despite losing 5-1 to City in their previous match, Club Brugges are still strong contenders. They have picked up four points from their first three group games. After all, they drew with Paris Saint-Germain and defeated RB Leipzig away from home. Clearly, they should not be taken lightly.