Holders of the Champions League title, Chelsea, will look to rebound from last weekend’s loss to Manchester City (football prediction). When Chelsea travel to Juventus on Wednesday night, remember our Champions League football prediction – Juventus vs Chelsea.
As for Juventus, the Italian giants are aiming for their fourth victory in five matches across all competitions (football results). They want to extend their unbeaten run against the Blues to four games too.
- Substitutes replaced both Paulo Dybala and Alvaro Morata were in Juventus’ 3-2 win over Sampdoria on Sunday. And the former is almost certainly out here, against Chelsea.
- Kaio Jorge and Arthur are also out for the Serie A club.
- Dejan Kulusevski may likely fill in for Dybala up front alongside Moise Kean.
Juventus possible starting lineup: Perin; Danilo, Chiellini, Bonucci, Sandro; Bentancur, Locatelli, Ramsey; Chiesa, Kean, Kulusevski
- Mason Mount suffered injury in the 1-0 loss to Manchester City and will need evaluation before the trip to Turin.
- Reece James and Jorginho were both forced off in the defeat. While, the latter is more likely to be pass as fit than the former, another player, Christian Pulisic is out.
- Thiago Silva is going to start at center-back, with Cesar Azpilicueta shifting to right wing-back to cover for James.
- Hakim Ziyech and Kai Havertz are also looking for a recall here.
Chelsea possible starting lineup: Mendy; Christensen, T. Silva, Rudiger; Azpilicueta, Kovacic, Jorginho, Alonso; Havertz, Lukaku, Werner
Champions League Football Prediction – Juventus vs Chelsea
- Juventus won back-to-back league games on Sunday. They followed up a 3-2 win over Spezia in midweek with a 3-2 win over Sampdoria. But this latter victory came at a cost, as both Paulo Dybala and Alvaro Morata got out on injury. Their absence on Wednesday is a huge setback.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea’s unbeaten league start to the season came to an end on Saturday when Manchester City beat them 1-0. This will be the Blues’ first meeting with the Old Lady since a 3-0 defeat in Turin in 2012.
- Given Juventus’ poor start to the season, Chelsea should be able to recover from Saturday’s disappointment.
Chelsea’s defensive stability has been one of the club’s standout qualities since Tuchel took over as manager.
Meanwhile, Juventus are typically known for their defensive abilities. But in 2021 they are surprisingly vulnerable, keeping only one clean sheet in their last 21 games across all competitions.
Both teams will regard Wednesday’s game as a “must-win” if they are to take first place in Group H. A hard-fought match awaits us in Turin, but we predict that the Blues to win by a slim margin.