13-time Champions League winners Real Madrid visit the San Siro on Wednesday evening to face Serie A champions Inter Milan. For both teams’ first Group D match, here is our expert Champions League football prediction – Inter vs Real Madrid.
This is the second season in a row that these two European behemoths, along with Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk, have been drawn in the same group of the competition.
Last season, Los Blancos defeated the Nerazzurri at home and away including a 2-0 victory in Milan (the football news). The head coach then at Santiago Bernabeu, Zidane Zinedine, offered a football prediction at the time.
- Stefano Sensi suffered a knee injury in Inter’s 2-2 draw with Sampdoria. Indeed, he was unable to finish the game even though he replaced Hakan Calhanoglu midway through the second half.
- Better news for Simone Inzaghi is that Alessandro Bastoni has recovered from his thigh injury suffered while on international duty.
- Finally, Lautaro Martinez and Joaquin Correa are vying to be Edin Dzeko’s partner up front.
Inter Milan possible starting lineup: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Dimarco; Darmian, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Perisic; Martinez, Dzeko
- Real Madrid’s squad includes newbie David Alaba for the trip to Inter, where he may start at center back. At that position, he’ll likely play alongside Eder Militao.
- Or else, Carlo Ancelotti could use Alaba in place of Miguel Gutierrez at left back. Then, it would be Nacho partnering with Militao in defense.
- Meanwhile, Gareth Bale, Dani Ceballos, Marcelo, Ferland Mendy, and Toni Kroos are all absent from the match against Inter.
Real Madrid possible starting lineup: Courtois; Carvajal, Militao, Nacho, Gutierrez; Valverde, Casemiro, Modric; Hazard, Benzema, Vinicius Jr
Champions League Football Prediction – Inter vs Real Madrid
- Inter suffered a 2-2 draw against Sampdoria just recetly, on Sunday, ending their winning streak in this new season. Nonetheless, the Nerazzurri have made a solid start to the season. And they remain in a strong position despite the departures of Antonio Conte, Achraf Hakimi, and Romelu Lukaku.
- Real Madrid returned to the Bernabeu for Sunday night’s football match and celebrated a 5-2 football score over Celta Vigo. And they have been excellent in the final third this season, scoring 13 goals in four league matches. Plus, Los Blancos beat Inter at home and away in the group stages last season.
- Los Blancos, however, have been far from solid defensively which means they could concede goals at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Even though Inter has had success at home against Real Madrid, their encounter last season proved difficult for Inter.
Another difficult game against the Spanish giants could be on the cards on Wednesday.
We expect many goals in this high-octane clash at the San Siro. But Ancelotti’s men should be able to take all three points.