Club Brugge will host Manchester City in Group A on Tuesday night. And the hosts will strive to record yet another historic Champions League victory. In anticipation of this exciting football match, here is our Champions League football prediction – Club Brugge vs Manchester City.
On matchday two, Philippe Clement’s side won a convincing 2-1 victory over RB Leipzig.
- In the absence of Eder Balanta, Ruud Vormer shone against Kortrijk at the weekend. But the latter may return here after missing Club Brugge’s weekend victory due to his late return from international service.
- Besides, for the visit to Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium, Club Brugge has no injury or suspension issues.
- Philippe Clement is likely to play the same XI for the third Champions League game in a row. The impressive results that his team delivered against PSG and RB Leipzig imply that that team won’t see any changes.
Club Brugge possible starting lineup: Mignolet; Mata, Hendry, Nsoki, Sobol; Vormer, Rits, Vanaken; Sowah, De Ketelaere, Lang
- Following their late return from international service, Ederson and Gabriel Jesus both missed the 2-0 win over Burnley. But both, the former and the latter, should start in goal and attack, respectively, here.
- Due to sustaining a foot fracture while on international duty, Ferran Torres will be out for the foreseeable future.
- Over the weekend, Ilkay Gundogan and Oleksandr Zinchenko were both fit enough to sit on the bench. So here, coach Pep Guardiola will expect them to participate.
Manchester City possible starting lineup: Ederson; Walker, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne; Jesus, Foden, Grealish
- Over 2.5 goals have been scored in five of Club Bruges’ previous six games (Champions League).
Champions League Football Prediction – Club Brugge vs Manchester City
- Club Bruges extended their unbeaten run to seven games with a 2-0 win over Kortrijk over the weekend. Three of those games have ended in draws but they enjoyed a big win over RB Leipzig. This victory in the Champions League last time out has them tied for first place in Group A with PSG.
- Manchester City rebounded from their humiliating 2-0 loss at PSG last month with successes over Liverpool and Burnley. So, in the Premier League at least, they took four points from the two matches. Still, City cannot afford to underestimate Club Bruges.
- City will be trying to get their Champions League campaign back on track following their 2-0 loss in Paris. And though Club Bruges will not lose lightly, the Premier League side’s quality should be evident and they should win.