Chelsea will take on Malmo on Wednesday night in the Champions League group stage. With Chelsea hoping for three consecutive wins in all competitions, here is our Champions League football prediction – Chelsea vs Malmo.
The Blues are in first place in the Premier League after a 1-0 victory over Brentford on Saturday (football prediction).
At the same time, Thomas Tuchel’s side is presently second in their Champions League group. They earned three points from their first two games, winning 1-0 over both Zenit and Juventus (the football news).
Malmo, on the other hand, lost to Zenit terribly because their football match ended in 4-0.
- Antonio Rudiger is still out with a back problem, but Malang Sarr could get another chance to start. His performance against Brentford on Saturday was impressive.
- Christian Pulisic is also on the sidelines for now. But Thiago Silva is poised to make his comeback after missing the 1-0 victory in west London.
Chelsea possible starting lineup: Mendy; Sarr, Silva, Christensen; Alonso, Mount, Jorginho, Kante, Azpilicueta; Werner, Lukaku
- After receiving a red card against Zenit last time out, Anel Ahmedhodzic will suffer a replacement, likely by Niklas Moisander.
- Injury has ruled out Patriot Sejdiu, Ola Toivonen, Jonas Knudsen, and Oscar Lewicki.
Malmo possible starting lineup: Dahlin; Moisander, Nielsen, Brorsson; Larsson, Innocent, Rakip, Christiansen, Berget; Colak, Brimancevic
- In Chelsea’s last ten games, they have scored fewer than 2.5 goals (Champions League).
- In seven of Malmoe FF’s past eight games, they have scored over 2.5 goals (Champions League).
- But Malmoe FF has lost their last three games (Champions League).
Malmoe FF has conceded at least two goals in each of their last three games (Champions League).
Champions League Football Prediction – Chelsea vs Malmo
- Chelsea bounced back from back-to-back losses to Manchester City and Juventus with victories against Southampton and Brentford. These Premier League wins came on either side of the international break. So, the Blues will be confident of winning their third game in a row against Malmoe FF.
- Malmo, meanwhile, won 3-0 at Oestersunds over the weekend, making it four wins in a row in all competitions. However, they have lost seven of their last 11 games. So, the Swedish team will be hoping they have recovered from their slump.
- At this point, a journey to Stamford Bridge is not desirable for Malmo, though. On home soil, therefore, the Blues should have little trouble dispatching their Swedish opponents.