When Liverpool travels to Atletico Madrid, they will look to maintain their flawless start to the 2021-22 Champions League. For this Group B match on Tuesday, here is our expert Champions League football prediction – Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool.
On matchday two, Jurgen Klopp’s team thrashed Porto 5-1, and here are the football results in detail.
- Geoffrey Kondogbia might start at centre-back if Diego Simeone opts for a three-man defense. After all, Stefan Savic suspended and Jose Gimenez are out on injury.
- Matheus Cunha is still out, but Marcos Llorente is back in the mix and expecting to play.
- In the middle of the park, however, Thomas Lemar and Rodrigo De Paul may play to flank Koke.
Atletico Madrid possible starting lineup: Oblak; Felipe, Kondogbia, Hermoso; Trippier, De Paul, Koke, Lemar, Carrasco; Suarez, Griezmann
- Following international service, Fabinho and Alisson travelled straight to Madrid and should have an immediate impact.
- With Thiago and Harvey Elliott out, Naby Keita and James Milner are fighting for a starting spot in the middle. After all, Curtis Jones is also a significant question for this match.
- Jurgen Klopp may stick with Roberto Firmino in attack after his outstanding performance against Watford.
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Keita; Salah, Firmino, Mane
- Atletico have scored under 2.5 goals in each of last five encounters against Liverpool in all competitions.
Champions League Football Prediction – Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool
- Because Atletico Madrid’s match against Granada saw postponement on Saturday, the hosts have got more time to prepare for this. Last time out in the competition, the La Liga side came back from behind to defeat AC Milan late on.
- Liverpool’s perfect start to the season continued with a 5-0 victory over Watford on Saturday. The Reds have been particularly brilliant in the Champions League, scoring eight goals in two games. Here, they will be seeking to keep their perfect record in the competition intact.
- Atletico has had extra rest in preparation for Liverpool’s visit on Tuesday. However, the away side’s offense was on fire at Vicarage Road on Saturday, and the Reds might win this one.