Rennes and Tottenham Hotspur will face off in UEFA’s newest competition, Europa Conference League, in Group G on Thursday evening. In light of this historic moment, we present our first ever Conference League football prediction – Rennes vs Tottenham.
Europa Conference League’s first round has just kicked off (the football news) with Group A and Group E matches. Now, Spurs and Renner will face each other in Group G,
Here, both teams will be looking to rebound from demoralizing league defeats at the weekend when they face each other.
Les Rouge et Noir lost 2-0 at home by Reims last time out (football prediction).
Meanwhile, Spurs’ unbeaten start to the season came to an end with a 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace (football results).
- Rennes will be missing three crucial players for this game, including exciting winger Jeremy Doku, who has a hamstring injury.
- Before the defeat to Reims, Genesio also lost Alfred Gomis (quarantine), Birger Meling (adductor), and Lovro Majer (hip) to injuries. So, it would be surprising to see any of the trio line up on Thursday.
- In place of Terrier, who will also be absent, Kamaldeen Sulemana should get a recall to the left side.
- Meanwhile, Loic Bade returns from a domestic suspension and should replace Warmed Omari in the hosts’ backline.
Rennes possible starting lineup: Salin; Traore, Aguerd, Bade, Truffert; Santamaria, Bourigeaud, Tait; Laborde, Guirassy, Sulemana
- Nuno has a number of injury concerns for this game, and he is also missing his entire South American contingent. Therefore, Spurs may field a sort of scratch starting XI squad here.
- Tottenham are still without Davinson Sanchez, Cristian Romero, and Giovani Lo Celso due to their having to maintain quarantine regulations.
- However, Tanganga’s dismissal at Selhurst Park has no bearing on European matches.
- Son Heung-min, Ryan Sessegnon, and Steven Bergwijn are also unlikely to return from injury.
- Finally, Eric Dier is also very likely to miss out here after he sustained an injury against Crystal Palace.
Tottenham Hotspur possible starting lineup: Gollini; Doherty, Rodon, Tanganga, Davies; Skipp, Ndombele, Winks; Clarke, Lucas, Gil
Conference League Football Prediction – Rennes vs Tottenham
- This match may be Tottenham’s toughest test in the Europa Conference League group stages, but it’s one they should pass.
- Rennes haven’t seen great form in recent weeks, and they’ve also lost Eduardo Camavinga (football transfer), arguably their best player.
- Tottenham could make this game difficult for themselves, especially if they cannot create chances, but their overall quality should triumph.
Santo has bigger fish to fry with a football match against Chelsea waiting for Spurs at the weekend.
So, the Portuguese is likely to field a slew of fringe players in a lineup that is otherwise in depletion.
We expect Rennes and Tottenham to finish first and second in this group. But we cannot separate them on this occasion and anticipate a score draw on Thursday.